Hello, you intrepid person, you!
Who else would it be? It’s me Saira, the traveling habitual pleasure-seeker writer of GoGo Gadabout. This is a quick post to say a big, massive, King Kong-like THANK YOU to my dear fellow blogger Raroto of Duniyaku for being sosososo kind and nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blog Award!
I apologise for posting so belatedly, but for Raroto’s support – and to all of my other followers, fellow writers and to those just passing by, my appreciation is as ginormous as the length and breadth of my blog’s muse that is Indonesia. I have been so lucky to travel and write about all these far off places – and through reading all of your stories, thoughts and observations I continually find inspiration and motivation to never let the wanderlust and blogging cease. So I raise a glass to all you bloggers and explorers out there – keep up the writing, keep up the photography and most of all, keep the dream alive!
As part of this award, there are a few little rules I must adhere to…
First: thank and link the amazing person who nominated you. Raroto, thank you so much for all of your kind words and support, pretty much from the very start of GoGo Gadabout! Terima kasih banyakbanyakbanyaaaak! (does that even make sense?!)
Second: list the rules and display the award.
Third: share seven facts about yourself.
Fourth: nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Fifth: optional – Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Soooo, how about them seven facts then?! Here goes nothing…
1) In my twenty-five years on this planet, I have been diving, parasailing, caving, ridden an elephant, climbed a volcano – you name it – but, I have never ever learnt to ride a bicycle. Aaand I can’t whistle.
2) I have a black belt in Taekwondo – but am the wimpiest, least competitive martial artist you’ll ever meet.
3) I have actually, genuinely been lost at sea. In a dinghy the size of a table, 20 miles in the wrong direction and the engine decides to pack it in. Phone signal out and waves the size of houses – it was star-jumping and screaming SOS to a boat passing by that saved us, and not my foetal position quivering in the front of the boat.
4) I’ve drunk snake’s blood, eaten a camel burger, spicey bat – and yes, to my shame *hangs head low and mutters* dog. I’m sorry, I’m a terrible person. If it makes any difference, I wouldn’t go back for more.
5) I was once asked to be a video girl in a certain popular (and slightly sleazy) bhangra musician’s music video. I politely declined.
6) I have a habit of assigning personalities to inanimate objects and think they have feelings. Because of this, in shops I will deliberately choose the shabbier looking book or the more dented tin of beans because I think no one else will choose it and feel sorry for it.
7) I once tried on a dress in a shop. It fit perfectly when I put it on, but when it came to taking it off, it proved more than diffcult to shift it. After twenty minutes of shuffling and jumping around the changing room, I asked the changing room attendant to help me take it off. After another failed attempt, the member of staff then called for her manager who also, was unable to get me out of it. She left the changing room and returned with a pair of scissors and actually CUT ME OUT OF THE DRESS. All the while a group of Chinese schoolgirls are watching the whole thing and laughing their heads off.
Ok, so after that insight into what a crazy lady I am, here are 15 blogs that I feel are mooore than worthy of the title ‘Very Inspiring Blog’ !
In no particular order:
2) Indonesia In My Pocket
3) Fraulein Wanderlust
4) Globetrot Cat
5) In Transit
6) Travels With Bethany
7) Images and Journeys Of A Searching Mind
9) Live Simply, Travel Lightly, Love Passionatley and Don’t Forget to Breathe
10) Yallah Bye
12) The Nomadic Lifestyle
13) Aisha’s Oasis
14) English Wife, Indian Life
15) Maldives Dreamer
…aaaand there you go!
So just to finish, if you are reading this or have ever read even just a sentence from this blog, I thank you for inspiring me to continue on with the writing and the traveling, it really makes the whole blogging thing so worthwhile.
The traveling, habitual pleasure-seeker,